Multi Family / Student Housing
Uptown Square is a 316 unit, 512 bed luxury apartment community located in San Marcos, Texas. The property is located in close proximity Texas State University, the fifth largest university in the state of Texas with an enrollment of over 37,000. The university has grown by 3-5% over the past several years and is expected to continue to grow for the foreseeable future.
The property consists of four 3-story and two 4- story residential buildings, an 8,000 square foot clubhouse, a separate 3,000 square foot fitness center, several highly amenitized outdoor spaces and a resort-style pool. Construction started in Fall 2013 and was completed in July 2015. The property welcomed its first residents in Fall 2014 and was over 95% occupied by the Fall 2015 semester.
- 316 units / 512 beds– offers studio, one- and two-bedroom floor plans with an average unit size of 787 square feet
- Excellent location within walking distance to campus and with a stop on the TXST Bobcat Tram bus route
- Community amenities include a resort-style pool with sun deck and numerous fountains, outdoor lounge areas with fire pits, interior courtyards, state-of-the-art fitness center, 24 hour business center, sand volleyball court, tanning beds and dog park
- Luxurious interior features and amenities, including stainless steel appliances, granite countertops with undermount sinks, garden-style soaking tubs, full size washers /dryers and vinyl wood-plank style flooring in all areas except bedrooms and closets
- Highly visible fronting on IH-35 and Thorpe Lane
- Sold to Inland Real Estate in December 2015